#jesuischarlie

I have friends all over the world, friends from different cultures, color of skin, age and gender, profession, interests and religion. I live in Brussels, Belgium, in the most densily populated and poorest  part of the capital. Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode is also known for the most multi-cultural and ethnically diverse place in the whole of Belgium. There is over one-hundred and fifty different nationalities and even more different languages spoken.


When I walk out of my door, I have a synagogue, an orthodox church, several catholic churches and as many mosques all within five minutes of walking distance from my house.

Our motto here is tolerance.  We meet and greet on the street. We might not know each other very well, but we are all equal. We live in peace.

I am horrified by the attack on #charliehebdo in Paris, France. There are no words for this barbarian act.
Come to think how three young men have become so radicalized to take innocent lives in the name of their religion.

Humor makes this place a better world. Even when humor is about religion. My home country, Belgium, is famous for its cartoons and cartoonists. It is so much part of my culture, hard to imagine having grown up without. I truly hope this attack will grow awareness and only make the world of cartoons and satires grow stronger. We need their voice, we need them!

Let us all unite, try to understand, learn and seize the opportunity to make this place a better world ! Let's Stop this Wave of Violence, any violence.
It is a wonderful world to live in and together we can make it better. 

 Free use of words, speech, 
images is one of 
our greatest assets !